Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pull Me Through

I write to you tonight completely humbled and in awe.

Please check out This verse, which was posted today by one of the blogs I follow. It perfectly describes what I have experienced in the last two days.


On Wednesday, I received a phone call from my team leader of our trip to Swaziland. She was checking in to see how I was doing with fundraising. If you'd noticed, the status bar to the left had been under 50% for a while, and looked pretty likely to stay there for a while. She left me with a goal to reach the next fundraising deadline at the end of October, which meant I needed $905 in a month.

I'll admit, I was a little bit concerned about how I'd reach that goal. I'd sent out letters to friends and family, though most people who were able had given, I still was behind. It was discouraging to see that I was behind by two deadlines and didn't know where the funds would come from...but I also knew that the funds would come...somehow.

THEN...

I met with a friend to catch up and chat about how things were going since she'd graduated and I started my final year, and she explained that she partly wanted to meet up so she could support me. Hallelujah!

Then, yesterday, I came home from class feeling a little rough around the edges. Decided I'd check the mail just to see if anything fun had arrived. An envelope from my friend who attends college in another state had arrived. I was excited to open it, since we maintain a fairly regular correspondence...and it was more support for Africa! I was surprised since she'd told me that she did not have any funds (which I totally understand, being a college student myself). The note attached said "For Swaziland - God is Good! - I Love You!"

And Today - God continued to blow my mind with his provision. I seem to be the resident mail-checker in our house, so when I got the mail today, I saw a letter for two of my roommates and one for me. Looking at the address, I realized it was someone who'd already given me support, and I thought maybe they were sending an update or something to me. When I opened the envelope, a check was enclosed with a note that said "To warm up your Swaziland themometer" - the amount was staggering. At first, I felt as if I would cry, then all I could do was laugh. None of my roommates were home, so I walked around the house laughing and speechless.

God came through and provided exactly the amount that I needed to be caught up to the deadlines from August and September.

Still...I am speechless and in complete awe at this amazing, amazing God who provides in perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...