Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Children! They're Here!

Today was my second day with the kids in my class, and I must say, I'm so excited for what the rest of the summer is going to look like. After today, we've only got 23 more class times...I know that sounds like a lot, but it's really not, I have a feeling that the time is going to fly by as the camp continues to get rolling.

I have a class of six third graders (three boys and three girls), each with very different personalities. Of course, the boys are your typical seven or eight year olds -- crazy, crazy, crazy. So it's perfect that we named our class the Crazy Crescendos! The theme of our room is music, and we've been having fun the last couple days with that. Tonight, the kids are supposed to think about some sort of song and motions that we could do while we walk through the hallways.

Yesterday, I felt very unprepared for the kids, but today I feel much better and things ran a lot more smoothly. The more I think about things to do with them, the more excited I get! Already we have an activity for Friday just based on what the kids talked about with Andrew and me today! (Thank you Miss Childs for the inspiration!) Tomorrow is Valentine's Day (we celebrate a major holiday every Wednesday at Kids' Camp), so we have a special assembly to talk about the story of St. Valentine!

In other news, I feel very outdoorsy. Especially right now because I'm covered in mosquito bites. I'm going to have to start bringing my bug repellent with me everywhere! But I went for my first official hike on Saturday, and my first ever Whitewater Rafting trip on Sunday and had so much fun doing both of them! If I ever hike Horsetooth again, I'm making sure my water bottle is full, and I'm wearing different shoes with better dirt grip, but it was a ton of fun, and definitely something I would do again. I don't know why I've never done this before, but now that I have, I want to do it more often!

Tonight I went and watched a game of Ultimate Frisbee, which I think I may actually play in next week, and that's why I'm covered in bug bites. Yuck. I think a shower and lots of soap may be in order after this blog is finished. Thus far, Project has been a summer of firsts for me, and I'm so excited about the rest (especially the camping trip in July! FIRST TIME EVER!)

6:00am comes far too quickly, but I promise an update (and some pictures of Kids Camp too) on Monday, I'll let you know how our activity goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...