Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer Project, Episode I

We finally arrived in Colorado! The drive itself didn't feel that long (Thanks Joe for driving the whole way!), it was the flight, down time and then the 7 hour drive that made this trip very significant.

I had a 90 minute delay at the Portland airport, due to Thunderstorms in Salt Lake City and backlogged planes at SLC International. Ugh. Right about then I was thankful that PDX has 4 Starbucks locations! Unfortunately, my phone died on me right before I boarded the plane. I waited at the airport for my friend to pick me up, but in the three lanes of cars driving past baggage claim it was very difficult to find her. Eventually we did connect and headed to her apartment for the night. Next morning I was picked up and we made the trek from SLC to Ft. Collins, arriving just after 5pm on Friday evening!

This morning we had a 2 1/2 hour orientation meeting and we found out a little more about what our schedule is going to be like. Whew! It's going to be an extremely packed 7 weeks, which means they'll fly by sooo quickly!

I've met at least three other people from Oregon here. My roommate is from Gresham (attending WOU), and there's a guy from Eugene (attending OSU), Joe's from Medford (though he's been in SLC since last year), and two of the staff couples served on staff at U of O, so I'm not alone in being Oregonian!

That's about it from the last three days, busy, but not action-packed! We're "discovering Ft. Collins" tonight (which I think involves some sort of scavenger hunt thing, guess I'll find out in 4 hours!)

More to come as the summer progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...