Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Quick Update -- Compliments

Hello! It's currently 10pm in Limerick, Ireland and we're on our way to see a "session" at one of the local pubs...basically this means we're going to watch people perform traditional Irish music!!! (which, if you've never heard it, it's great stuff!)

I am so overwhelmed by the number of comments I receive when I sign during our concerts. Chris has me interpreting one of our songs in American Sign Language, and everytime I do it, at least 2-3 people come to me and comment on how gorgeous it is. What can I say? The language is beautiful and not enough people get to experience the joy that can come from the blending of two seemingly different things -- one used by those who can't hear, and another by those who use their voices and ears equally.

Also, tonight, I was reminded why I sing. A man came to our concert tonight that was simply needing a lift. He was expecting to pray at the church we were singing in, but instead was stuck listening to our singing. He was so touched and moved by us that he even purchased one of our CDs at the end of the concert. THAT is why I sing. To touch people's lives and allow God to speak through music to people's souls. How powerful is this beauty that is music?

With that, I will leave you to think -- how does music speak to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...